Some people have either positive or negative point of view about prayer.Some people think that prayer is just a cliche or fantasy,but some think that prayer is real.
For me prayer is powerful. It is more powerful than Hitler. It is more gorgeous than Brad Pitt. It is more lovely than Cinderella and it is more beautiful than the flourishing flower. Prayer is a sincere relationship between me and my beloved Lord. It is a way for me to state my gratitude to Him and also a means for me to complaint about my life.
I can speak softly to God but in another day I can shout at him and say my negative words to Him. I can express whatever feeling I have to Him. I remembered one day, when I searched my name on the list of the participants who pass the test to be government official and found that my name was not there. I was so upset, I was so disappoint with God. I thought that God doesn’t love me that He doesn’t care for me. I cried and complain to God for his mercy was far away from me at that time and even until today when I think it over again. Why God didn’t put me as a government teacher? Why He put me in a private school where I serve the high class people? Didn’t He know that I want to be with the needy children? Didn’t He know that I want to serve my country by being the teacher for the government school?
Why I want to be the teacher of the government school, these are the reasons:
1. The students don’t pay anything for the school fee, so most of them come from lower level family.
2. The students don’t have access to the modern world.
3. The students are fine with their own lives without having a will to struggle for better future.
4. The students are not motivated to achieve great success in life.
5. The students need to be introduced to the outer world so they know where they stand.
6. The students need to focus on what they are good at.
7. The students need the opportunity to express themselves and show their talent.
8. The students need to be guided to see their weaknesses and be helped to overcome it.
Those are few reasons that I can list down. However there are more reasons that I have in my mind that I couldn’t write here. I list those reasons because I fell and I am sure that I can help those students to fulfill all the list mentioned above.
Then what do I get for given them all the list above?
1. I have the opportunity to explore my talent, quality and capability. If I become a government official, I will have the opportunity to explore everything in me without doubt that I will be fired because of my ideas.
2. I will have the opportunity to study in a university by getting scholarship.
3. My brain will always be active to create new ideas.
4. I will have the chance to improve my capability.
5. I can create an active working environment.
6. I can create new club that consist of active and dynamic members.
7. My life will be useful for others.
8. A clear carrier hierarchy.
9. A monthly salary so I can fulfill my daily needs.
10. I might become the next minister of education.
I still pray that my dream will come true. I don’t know the stepping stone that I step right now but I believe that God will lead me the way.
Power of prayer is still exist until now and I have the faith that I will be achieve my goal. May God be my witness and my guide.
And this is my prayer:
Our Father who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come.
Thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kindom,
and the power, and the glory,
for ever and ever